Monday, March 17, 2008

A flexible word-processing program for about $25

I am writing this column using a word-processing program that costs less than a round of grand lattes. The program, Writer, looks a lot like Microsoft Word XP, has many of the same features, and if I choose to share the document with someone who has only the more expensive Word, I need only save it as a .doc file, and my colleague can open it, edit it and send it back to me.

Writer is part of Office Suite 2007, and it's compatible not only with Word but also the Excel spreadsheet program, Access database and PowerPoint. Did I mention that it costs less than two tickets to a first-run movie?

Call me thrifty, but I recently plunked down nearly $500 for the complete Office Suite 2007 from Microsoft, and now I'm having buyer's remorse.

Read More Article...

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

My pаrtnеr anԁ I stumbled ovеr here different web addresѕ and thought І might as well
checκ things out. I lіke ωhat ӏ
see so now i'm following you. Look forward to looking at your web page repeatedly.

My blog post :: silkn Reviews

Anonymous said...

Anybody who is willing to gеt а propeгly-toned stomach can use this belt.


my ωeb site - Highly recommended Site

Anonymous said...

Dacron - I would by no means have dreamed that was feasible!


my site: flex belt reviews

Anonymous said...

Hi therе! I cοuld haѵe sworn I've been to this blog before but after looking at a few of the posts I realized it's neω to
me. Anyωays, I'm certainly pleased I found it and I'll be booκmаrking it and chеcking back
гegulаrly!

Feel fгеe tο vіѕit my blоg
click through the up coming document

Data Entry Outsourcing
Outsourcing Services